- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Kyocera Mita Canada, Ltd.|
|Contact Name:||Keith Callaghan, Kyocera Technology Centres -Van|
6120 Kestrel Rd.,
Mississauga, ON L5T 1S8
Good technology leads to good ecology. The ECOSYS concept that "eco-friendly, long-life products offer superior economic performance" is key at Kyocera Mita, where environmental considerations are at the heart of our business. Kyocera Mita, a manufacturer of digital imaging devices and network/software solutions, is part of Kyocera Corporation, a global supplier of emerging technologies such as solar power, telecommunications and semiconductors. Visit www.kyoceramita.ca to learn more.