- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Lignol Innovations Ltd.|
|Contact Name:||Gurminder Minhas|
101 - 4705 Wayburne Drive,
Burnaby, BC V5G 3L1
Lignol Innovations is commercializing its unique integrated lignocellulosic biorefining process technology for production of renewable fuels, chemicals and biomaterials from non-food feedstocks such as forestry and agricultural residuals. Lignol operates its Biorefining Technology Development Centre in Burnaby which consists of a fully integrated pilot plant, a state of the art R&D facilities and an engineering group. Lignol is focused on scaling up the technology throughout North America.
|Experience in:||Canada, United States|
|Interest in:||Austria, Brazil, Chile, Germany, India, Japan, United Kingdom, Netherlands Antilles|