- GreenBiz.com's fifth annual edition of research exploring progress made in the greening of the American economy has been released. The report measures the environmental impact of the emerging green economy in the U.S. and lists 10 trends that will affect corporate America.
- Sustainability initiatives enhance corporate brands, make companies more efficient and help industries grow profitably, 'chief sustainability officers' told the GLOBE 2012 business and environment conference.
- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
|Exhibitor:||Western Union Business Solutions|
|Contact Name:||Rina Mehta|
517 Fort St,
Victoria, BC V8W 1E7
Western Union Business Solutions enables companies of all sizes to send and receive cross-border payments and manage foreign exchange. With deep expertise in moving funds around the globe, access to over 140 currencies, and a global financial network spanning more than 200 countries and territories, we help companies spend less time managing international financial transactions and more time growing their businesses. We have extensive experience working with clients in a variety of sectors, including import and export, wine and spirits, agriculture, mining, and non-profit. We also offer customized solutions for legal, financial and educational institutions. Following the acquisition of Travelex Global Business Payments, Western Union Business Solutions is now one of the world's leading providers of cross-border business payments. Western Union Business Solutions operates through locally licensed affiliates in more than 18 countries.
|Experience in:||Australia, Canada, Denmark, Germany, India, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Brazil, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Indonesia, New Zealand, Pakistan, China, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, Thailand, Hungary|