- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Judy Robertson|
Burnaby, BC V5H 4G8
Who supports sustainability while planning the growth of your region? Who manages your regional parks and ensures clean air and safe drinking water? Who supports reducing waste, reusing, recycling and treats and manages any remaining solid waste or wastewater? Who provides rental housing that people can actually afford to live in? Every day, every week, every year? We do. Metro Vancouver. Surprised? We are over 1200 employees. We're engineers, planners, economists, water treatment operators, skilled tradespeople, financial analysts, IT professionals, administrators, human resources and communication professionals, lab technicians, property negotiators, park operators, mechanics, and more. We ensure that we take care of 2 million people today, while planning for a sustainable future that everyone can enjoy. We value this region. And we help shape it everyday. Explore Our Great Career Opportunities
|Interest in:||Canada, United Kingdom, United States|