- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
- Sagging carbon prices lost nearly 14% of their value yesterday (2 April) as recession and a warm winter sparked a predicted 2.6% drop in carbon emissions from the 10,000 installations covered by the EU's Emissions Trading System (ETS) last year.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency says that targeted strategies to reduce black carbon "can be expected to provide climate benefits within the next several decades," based on black carbon's strong warming potential and its short atmospheric lifetime of days to weeks.
|Exhibitor:||RBC Royal Bank|
|Contact Name:||Terri Stringer|
320 Front Street West,
Toronto, ON M5V 3B6
RBC provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management services, insurance, corporate, investment banking and transaction processing services on a global basis. RBC employs more than 80,000 full and part-time employees who serve more than 18 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 53 other countries.
|Experience in:||Antigua, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Montserrat, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Antigua, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Montserrat, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States|