- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Canada North Environmental Services Limited|
|Contact Name:||Peter Vanriel|
#4 – 130 Robin Crescent,
Saskatoon, SK S7L 6M7
Canada North Environmental Services (CanNorth) provides a wide range of environmental services and is 100% owned by the Lac La Ronge Indian Band, Saskatchewan's largest band. We provide high quality, cost-effective environmental services with a focus on resource developments. Our clients include some of the largest Canadian and international resource companies. CanNorth offers the technical skills and knowledge to deliver solutions for managing environmental risk in ways that benefit the client, satisfy regulatory requirements, as well as local communities through employment, training, and economic benefits. Project involvement emphasizes environmental study design and technologies, and local aboriginal participation. Projects are undertaken using state-of-the-art technology for analyses, evaluation, and problem-solving. CanNorth also provides specialty services for aboriginal human/community sustainable development and relationship building for resource sector expansions. CanNorth is both ISO 9001:2008 (quality management) and ISO 14001:2004 (environmental stewardship and management) certified. To the best of our knowledge, we are the only aboriginal owned company in the world with these credentials.
|Experience in:||Argentina, Ecuador, Netherlands, Peru, Panama|
|Interest in:||Australia, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, Netherlands, Peru, Russia, United States, Panama|