- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Forestry Innovation Investment|
|Contact Name:||Jennifer Raworth|
1200-1130 West Pender Street,
Vancouver, BC V6E 4A4
Of all the building materials you can use, nothing offers the beauty and innovation of British Columbia wood. From simple structures to the strikingly complex, the design possibilities of wood are endless. Innovation. It's built into B.C. wood and our standing as a world leader in sustainable forest management. Visit us at the Forestry Innovation Investment booth 1927 to learn about CLT & wood innovation, emerging trends, access to industry research and marketing materials and other resources.
|Experience in:||Australia, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, China, United Kingdom, United States, Korea|
|Interest in:||India, Vietnam|