- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Jeff Bibbings|
2-147 West Beaver Creek Road,
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1C6
GroundTech Solutions® is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Geoprobe® products including direct push machines, soil sampling equipment, and direct injection remediation technologies. GroundTech Solutions® also provides state-of-the-art field data systems such as the Membrane Interface Probe (MIP) which enables real-time detection of both chlorinated and non-chlorinated solvents in the subsurface. The Direct Image Soil Conductivity Probe is used for determining soil lithology and the HPT Probe (Hydraulic Profiling Tool) can be used for targeting the injection of remediation materials in the soil and groundwater. GroundTech Solutions® also provides Cone Penetration Test (CPT) equipment using a cordless memory cone for geotechnical field data.