- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
- Sagging carbon prices lost nearly 14% of their value yesterday (2 April) as recession and a warm winter sparked a predicted 2.6% drop in carbon emissions from the 10,000 installations covered by the EU's Emissions Trading System (ETS) last year.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency says that targeted strategies to reduce black carbon "can be expected to provide climate benefits within the next several decades," based on black carbon's strong warming potential and its short atmospheric lifetime of days to weeks.
|Exhibitor:||Onsight Equipment Ltd.|
|Contact Name:||Peder Ourom|
PO Box 1379 ,
Garibaldi Highlands, BC V0N-1T0
On Sight Equipment's goal is to produce top quality environmentally sustainable pack and travel products, in the most socially and ethically manner possible. All of the materials used to make our products have an impact on our planet. However, we believe that maximizing the use of recycled and non-toxic materials in our products can reduce their environmental impact significantly. How our products are made is also important to us, and frequent social audits are made of both the production processes of our materials and our finished products. Almost 100% of the materials used in our Travel Organizer series are produced from recycled plastic water bottles, or Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). This includes fabric, mesh, buckles, webbing and zippers. Our Tarmac duffle pack series is also produced from non-toxic tarpaulin material, and we are introducing in 2011 the Sightline backpack series, made from recycled PET.On Sight offers co-branding opportunities for most of our products. Printing or embroidering your name on these quality items sends out a strong message to the public and your school, business, or organization.Your multi color LOGO artwork can be placed on Canadian stocked products in 10-15 business days after your order is placed, depending on stock availability. Minimum order quantities are required in order to qualify for wholesale pricing. Contact us for further information regarding product quantities, lead times, and artwork requirements. Note that some of the smaller organizer products have larger minimum orders and lead times, as they must be co-branded at the time of production.
|Experience in:||Canada, United States|
|Interest in:||Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States|