- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
|Contact Name:||Tom Fairbairn|
4 Demense Road,
Seaforde, Co Down
Ecodepo is a light and durable waste recycling system. Its unique but simple "grab" system and clip mechanism allows colour - coded biodegradable sacks to be easily fitted onto the ecopods without the need for elastic bands, bungie cord or metal clips. It is versatile and adaptable and can be placed in station like positions in any workplace. With the use of colour - coded lids and labels, various waste streams can be simply and easily managed and measured.
|Experience in:||Australia, Greece, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Iceland, Malta|
|Interest in:||Canada, United States|