- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Markus Haller|
HOLINGER is the leading Swiss engineering and consultant company focused on environmental, renewable energy, water and wastewater technologies. Our experience of 79 years in numerous projects worldwide is based on the commitment of a highly skilled staff in a wide range of specialized disciplines. Since 2008, HOLINGER has operated in Canada through Enersys Concepts Inc. applying SMART "Sustained membrane and reactor technology" improving waste-to-energy projects and enhancing wastewater clean-up
|Experience in:||Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Luxembourg, China, Switzerland, Vietnam, Tunisia|
|Interest in:||Belgium, Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, China, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Switzerland, United States, Vietnam, Romania, Tunisia|