- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Chris Hilliard / Richard Cooper|
1480 Foster Street,
White Rock, BC V3S 2X5
MagPower is engaged in the research, development & licensing of its magnesium-air and hydrogen inhibitor technologies. Magnesium-air is MagPower's alternative energy source. It is ideal for low amperage lighting & power applications. An LED based lantern using this cell is now in prototype production. Hydrogen inhibitors improve cell efficiency and also have smelting applications. These non-toxic & environmentally friendly technologies have immediate global opportunities.
|Experience in:||Australia, Hong Kong, India|
|Interest in:||Canada, Hong Kong, India, China, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States|